Digital marketing continually evolves as new tools emerge, advertising platforms update, and burgeoning trends change the course of the industry.
To help marketers and businesses to keep up, Creative Website Marketing has compiled some of the most significant digital marketing updates from the second quarter of 2019.
Recent Digital Marketing Updates
- Marketers that prioritize blogging efforts are 13x more likely to see positive ROI. Does your business have a defined content marketing strategy?
- 91% of consumers want to receive emails from companies they do business with. In 2019, email marketing should be personalized, engaging, and mobile-friendly. Why? An estimated 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices, and 1 in 3 clicks within an email occurs on mobile. Furthermore, personalized email messages can improve click-through rates (CTR) by 14% and conversions by 10%.
- 87% of shoppers now begin their searches online. Therefore, having a strong digital presence can give retailers and e-commerce businesses a huge advantage.
- By 2020, 80% of businesses will use chatbots. These automated features can boost on-site engagement and make it easy for potential customers to initiate contact. Plus, chatbots can save up to 30% in customer support costs.
- In Google Ads display campaigns, audience keyword targeting is no longer available. The feature has been replaced by custom intent audiences, a more advanced targeting method in which you build an audience not only with keywords users have searched, but also URLs they’ve visited and apps they’ve used. For marketers who had audience keyword targeting in place, Google automatically migrated the keywords over to custom intent audiences.
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer. Incorporating long-tail keywords into PPC and SEO strategies can help businesses connect with lower-funnel consumers and demonstrate value in intent-rich moments.
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase. To capitalize on this, local businesses should ensure their listings such as Google My Business are updated and optimized.
- Google’s mobile search engine results have a new look. This has altered the way ads and organic listings appear on the mobile SERP. Learn more about this important change here.
Sources: Search Engine Watch, Business Insider, Hubspot, Sleeknote, Campaign Monitor, Aberdeen, Invesp.
Check back next quarter for a new infographic & summary of recent digital marketing changes!
Creative Website Marketing is a digital marketing agency in Nashville, TN, helping businesses throughout the country execute strategic brand awareness + lead generation efforts.