Digital marketing changes rapidly. New tools emerge, advertising platforms update, and new trends disrupt the industry. In 2019, these changes happen faster than ever before.
As a result, it can be difficult for online marketers and businesses to keep up. To help, Creative Website Marketing compiled some of the most significant digital marketing updates from the first part of this year.
Below, find a snapshot of the latest updates in digital marketing, from January to May 2019.
Recent Digital Marketing Updates
- Google underwent two algorithm updates so far this year
- Instagram launched an in-app purchasing feature, called Instagram Checkout
- Reddit now offers CPC advertising
- Google CPCs have actually decreased 19% year-over-year (YOY). However, they’ve increased 5% since 4th quarter of 2018
- Amazon plans to introduce video ads into their mobile search results
- Google may start charging for Google My Business listings
- 53% of mobile users leave a web page that takes longer than 3 seconds to load, according to Google. Therefore, mobile site speed is more important than ever.
- Search Engine Land found that only 4% of U.S. companies have optimized their websites for voice search. Because voice search will become increasingly popular in the coming years, this should be a point of emphasis for businesses.
- Bing Ads has rebranded into Microsoft Advertising. Learn more about what this change means for the paid advertising platform here.
- With over 9 billion searches in 2018, the privacy-focused search engine DuckDuckGo has launched a partnership with Apple
- Google announced new ad products & features at Google Marketing Live 2019. Check out our recap of the event to learn about new discovery ads, gallery ads, and more.
- Google’s mobile search results page has revamped with a new look, altering the way ads and organic results appear on the SERP
Check back next quarter for an updated infographic & summary of recent digital marketing changes!
Creative Website Marketing is a digital marketing agency in Nashville, TN, helping businesses throughout the country execute strategic brand awareness + lead generation efforts.